My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Saturday, 28 December 2013

Change

I had the urge to write tonight, but I don't really know what I want to write today. I guess I'm going to be all nostalgic about this year.

Or the  past few years... I have these moments where I look back on my path and reflect on how stupid, or how wise I was or still am. Change is inevitable, everyone knows that, even if they cannot accept it in their lives.

All of us have changed in one way or another over the past 5 years. The part that confuses me a bit is the fact that I personally didn't even know that I was constantly changing. Obviously I didn't receive a text reminding me that I won't be the same as I was last month. I have changed in ways and I have stayed the same in ways, which makes me wonder what it all means.. Sayings like "change is good" and "never change" confuse me. It depends on what changes and what stays the same, but then again, I don't know everything in life, so who am I to decide what's good or bad?

Personally I think change is good and we have the power to make it great with the right point of view and an open mind. I'm off to university next year, so change is a constant subject in my head.. I'm excited about the changes to come because my life was starting to feel like a routine without end.

I am scared, obviously. But I know everything will work out as the universe wants it to, I am just going along for the ride, the adventure, the experience and for the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment