My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Peace

I have not blogged in a while. Things have been crazy with the whole university vibe and all the other issues life throws at you.

I don't want every post to be so negative, but it has become difficult. I could always lie and say everything is fine, my grades are all up, I have a steady boyfriend, we're getting married next May etc. etc.... But where's the creativity in that?

I don't want to be another copy of a delusional reality that everyone wants to believe in because their true realities are so messed up that they choose to stay in the dark. People always say they wish they could run away from their problems, that doesn't even make sense to me. Running away will only create a distance between you and the issues.

Which doesn't get you any closer to happiness, depending on what you believe happiness is. Everyone has their own version. I don't believe there is something like true happiness. But I do believe that there is something like peace. An inner peace that you reach when you accept the fact that you can't be in control of everything. I'm still trying to reach that point, it takes a strong person to just be okay with life and all its baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment