My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Moving.

There are many types of moving in life. Moving out, Moving on, Moving in and moving forward. It's all connected in a strange way. Moving out means you are moving on, and moving in means you are moving forward.

My brother moved out today. I don't know how to feel about it yet. At the moment I feel indifferent. He already promised that he would still drive me around and I know he isn't moving to China. He's just around the corner. But my mom doesn't really see it that way. All she sees is her little boy, who grew up too fast. He's been living here for almost 21 years now, he wants to spread his wings. I'm all for it, but my mother is still holding on. She is a part of the species they call "mother." She is going to worry, it's what mothers do.

When he broke the news that he's moving, she was okay for a second then she started crying. I told her I'd still be here, thinking that would comfort her, but nooooo. She just cried more, I guess that wasn't so comforting. Seeing his empty room made me nostalgic. I thought about every fight we had, every single item I threw him with, every funny mood we had, and every time we annoyed my mom together.

And I realized I have to annoy her twice as much because my partner in crime is gone! It won't be easy, but it's possible! I'm probably also going to worry. I am not a mother yet, but I have those motherly instincts. I don't want to go Adele here, but I wish him nothing but the best. I don't know much, but I do know he'll be okay, even if it takes some time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment