My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Thursday, 30 May 2013

Blocked - Unblocked

I had a little case of writer's block today. This was definitely new to me. Usually I always have something to say.

But my writer's block wasn't really a block, it was a box I couldn't get out of. Well I thought I couldn't. But when I was zoning out during my french test today, I figured out what was blocking me. You. The people who read the things I write. I kept thinking about things that you will enjoy reading, but that isn't what I want it to be about. I didn't start writing because I wanted to please anyone. I started because I enjoyed it.

I'm not really all about pleasing people. But then again, I am the people! ("This is MY life after all." - Casper de Vries.) If I write about something you don't like, don't read! (but read the next post! maybe you'll like it!) I was considering writing about celebrities, but isn't that the pair of shoes everyone has worn out though? No-one can top Perez Hilton. So I'll just try to top Botti! There's still room for improvement.

You should try doing something that pleases you at least once a day. See it as part of a diet. Food for the mental well-being if you will! If you smile everyday you might keep most of the Prozac's away!

I decided to start doing dedications! (like the people in the radio!!)


Today's post is dedicated to Casper de Vries.To those who don't know him, He's a South African comedian that
calls a thing as he sees it and he's a gutsy inspiration.


3 comments: