My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Sunday, 25 August 2013

I'm loving Angels instead

I've been missing my dad a lot lately. It has been more than five years now..

I will probably always become this sad once in a while. It's hard to lose anyone, and it never stops hurting. All the little things remind me of him.. When I hear the garage door slam, I can still see him walking in with a bag with something to nibble on, that was just his way.

When I'm at weddings and I see the brides being given away by their dad's, I wonder who will give me away at mine. When the orchestra is performing or if I have a gig, I desperately wonder what my dad would think.. And if I'm doing the growing up thing right.

I miss his jokes and his stories.. No-one could ever manage to tell or write a story like he did.. He was my world's greatest storyteller and a dad who was always there until his last day. I dream about him sometimes.. and I even laugh at his jokes that I can remember..

When I think about where he's resting now, I see him at a table, with a typewriter -he was a hipster before it was cool- and I see him with his nerdy glasses and a cup of coffee, just the way he liked it. I see him writing, writing everything he can think of. He is happy and at peace, it would just be nice to see him. Even if it was just for one last time.


1 comment: