for those who are not familiar with the word "lekker" it can mean a few things, it is just up to your interpretation. It could mean nice, as in, "this cake is nice", it can also mean fun, as in, "that guy is fun" and it can also mean good, as in, "that was a good night"
It's probably the repeated rape of a word that's used too much in Afrikaans. Since the surfacing of the video with the famous words:"lekker man, lekker" people have been using that word a lot. Inappropriately most of the time too which sends people into a burst of laughter and others into a valley of distaste. Depending on the person of course.
I really wanted to blog about my weekend's events, but the English language lacks the requisite word to express how my weekend was, so I'll say it in Afrikaans. Dit was lekker man. Dit was lekker.
On Friday I was a mess. stressed out about drama, my music exam and a speech that I had to prepare for French. You could call it a bit of a breakdown. On Saturday it was time for my friend's 18th.. Without getting into the details that already roamed the school, I can honestly say that I needed that night to calm the heck down and boy did I???
It was a night that I won't easily forget, because it was incredibly strange and a bit unusual. despite that, or thanks to that, it seriously was that lekker.
Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment