This is going to sound stupid but it's starting to hit me that we're growing up.. Kids are starting to look like adults as they drive to school in their own cars, life is becoming more serious and I am getting nervous.
I only got my own bank account now.. My own bank account, with my own money and everything! It sucks that I can't ask my mom for money anymore, but hey, that's life. Another thing that's kind of bringing me to terms with the fact that I'm growing up, is the fact that I received mail from the University of Pretoria today.
"Dear Miss A Cilliers. It is my pleasure to inform you that you are provisionally accepted to The University of Pretoria based on your current results...."
So that's cool I guess. I just feel pathetically nervous about it all. I still have to write my Record exams and Finals before I even want to think about university. Growing up is scary, but I don't think it's half as scary as some of the teenagers around me. I truly believe that there are teenagers more vicious than Hades. Seriously, I am not even joking.
I am prepared to work my fingers to the bone, I would do anything just to be done with school. If one more person tells me I'm going to miss it, I am going to completely lose it. I sincerely hate school right now. It's been 11 years, 8 months and 5 days..
School is like a 12 course meal at a super slow restaurant.. I'm full now and I asked for the cheque about 3 courses ago and the waiter is missing. If I could resign, I would. I really would, so I'll just stay nervous and grow up before I have to stay in school. School had its time, and that time has passed, I would like to move on now.
No comments:
Post a Comment