My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Are you proud?

There is nothing quite as evil as a teenager. Or that's what I think at least, a hair raising kind of evil would probably be a teen with alcohol..

Anyway.. I recently discovered that I can no longer do as I please on MY weekends in MY life because I would then be placing myself in harms way in terms of public humiliation. Since humiliating people is trending at the moment. Some people just don't get the fact that they should mind their own damn business. I guess it's because I know the feeling of being humiliated in front of peers who just laugh at you, that I am quite disgusted at this stage. That is just how things work around here I suppose. I admit, it started out funny, because everything that does not happen to you is funny.

But when you take a moment to consider the victim's feelings, and how it would suck if that had been you, the joke's over. The worst part of it all is that these words try to break you and at that moment there is nothing you can do. Words hurt much more than any physical act.

People just don't understand how deep the wounds of words cut. They never will unless they experience it too. I don't remember signing my soul off to the sad individuals who think they can judge me, so what I do on my weekends is irrelevant. And if I want to do drugs, empty out a bar and marry a hobo. I will, because it's my life after all.

I just want to know if the writers are proud of their work.. belittling others to make your shitty life seem better.. That's what it's all about apparently, ain't it grand??

2 comments: