My last band geek tour was 12 days of love, hate and everything in between for the other bandies... Some grew closer, some grew apart and some just grew, in their own way. I got to know some kids and I started liking them.. And for some I only learnt how to handle them, just to keep the peace going.
Luckily we aren't forced to like each other, but we are expected to be civilised to one another, we are all there for the music. So all of us have at least one thing in common. If this tour taught me one thing, it was to live for the moments, because I knew this would be my last tour, and I wanted to remember the good about it all.
This tour also allowed me to break the vicious cycle I placed myself in since 2011, the first Cape Town tour.. It was hard to break, but it was indeed breakable. I finally can say I did the right thing. Two sayings popped into my head at some stage on this tour. They are opposites, but both carry some form of truth.
"Absense makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely"
-Charels M. Schulz
"Out of sight, out of mind. But that's with everybody"
-Kenard Lang
If you don't see someone for a while, you might miss them more or appreciate them more, but you might also find that you start to think of them less, which is a good thing because it gives you a chance to clear your head, and mine was quite cluttered. But I'm back again! for now until someone gets a spot in my heart that is. I guess I just wanted that thing people have when they're in love.

No comments:
Post a Comment