My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Thursday, 25 July 2013

People

People are strange things. You must never believe you know a person inside and out. It's not possible.

You are not inside their head, you do not know what could be lurking in that brain - if there is one.. I thought I knew the people close to me.. but I realised I don't know anything for sure. Because people lie. About a lot of things. You won't know when they're lying.. Because some people are really good liars.

A good way to prevent being shocked by the epiphany that you actually don't really know people, at all, is to expect nothing or expect the unexpected. Because if you haven't been inside that person's thoughts, you don't know jack. This is my opinion of course, unlike me, you might be good with people. To each his own..

But I don't know what is worse?? Knowing someone 100% because they are brutally honest, or being unsure about how a person really is? I think I would prefer not knowing? It's comforting in a way. At least then you can create the illusion that the person isn't judging you. Because being judged out loud stabs you like a knife. It so bad that you want to change who you are because that one person's words hurt so much and you just want to be accepted somewhere.

But people have a way of killing your dreams and your self confidence.

Their weapon: Words. Syllables and sounds, just to bring you down.

Yet again, music brings me comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment