My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

The Adventures of The Traveling Bandgeeks: The Big Day

So it's the big day in the eyes of my fellow bandies. Tonight we hit the road to Cape Town.

But the preparation for this trip started months ago. We practiced and practiced some more so that we could be sure to be brilliant in Cape Town. Long hours of practice and conflicts have brought us where we are now.

The biggest stress of the preparation for this trip is the packing, oh packing for anything sucks really.. I loathe it in every way! I am not the type of person who packs light. My bag doesn't close unless my mom packs it. I am 17 years old and my mom still packs for my trips. That may be sad, but it's reassuring. I am reassured that the bag will close!

On the way back, my mom will not be there to help.. So I will fear that day and handle/stuff it into anything with space, even if I wear 3 sets of clothes on the way back. This is my last tour ever.. So it's bittersweet. I can literally not wait to finish school and everything connected to it. I would be lying if I said I won't miss the orchestra next year, but there is a life after school that has to be lived.

I'll miss the friends I made, the music, the practicing and the maestro. I'll miss that feeling I had when the music was just, perfect. That satisfaction is something I will never forget, but there are other things to be experienced and loved. I will always have the music and the memories to keep my soul company.

My times at the orchestra could be categorized as it's very own soap opera. It was there that I fell in love, in hate and in music. It changed me, in good ways and in bad ways, but other than letting people get under my skin, I have no regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment