Today was a day of reminiscence, my band along with all the ex-bandies practised together for the 10 year reunion concert in October.
I have been a part of the band for 7 out of the 10 years and an actual member for 6 years, so I know quite a few of the ex-bandies. As they arrived in packs and solos, memories started flooding back to my mind. To sum these thoughts up really quick. I loved some, I hated others and I realised that I would have hated me a few years ago..
I still have problem areas in me, but not to such an extent that I am (openly) despised. I remember the stupid stuff I said to people, and what I did because I was crushing on some of them.. I was such a little girl, so innocent and stupid and gullible like it's okay!
Back to the music.. When everyone came to sit down.. New faces where introduced to the old ones and opinions where made. We played through the old favourites of the band. "Legends of the Big Screen", "Angels" and "Candida." Some can still play, some sound like juniors (new kids) and some play better than us. In our section we have Peter. All one can say, is that he can. Every time he plays a little voice in my head says:"One day, when I'm all grown up.." He is the best trumpeter our band has ever had.
Practise makes perfect. It really does! As we played "Legends", All the really hard high parts sounded awesome!!! Feeling like a failure for a moment, I played on. All the new sounds around me painted a picture only I could see. The music painted my view the colour nostalgic. Since everyone has their own "thing" on their instruments. Their own sound to make them noticeable. Most people are noticeable. Some just fade away into nothing, which is fine too I guess.
Seeing and hearing them pressed "play" on my slide show of band moments. The ones I hated, the ones who hated me.. The ones I liked, the ones I really liked! There were a lot! But most of the ones who were there today, don't bring back any feelings.. just a question, "WHY?" and the only answer I got was "young and stupid."
Somehow, I think if I look back every 5 years I would ask:"Why?" to a lot of stupid mistakes and people. I think everyone will always be young and stupid at heart.. The really stupid moments just make us learn how to handle the next one.
No comments:
Post a Comment