People have their opinions, I know "everyone's entitled to an opinion" blah, blah, blah.. But what if my opinion is that your opinion is wrong? That's fine too, right? It's world news that Nelson Mandela is not well. I've been reading "RIP Madiba" for about a week now, people don't know what is going on. So they assume he died.
He hasn't died yet. He's very sick and in the hospital. People don't get that part right.. But one thing that completely disgusted me today, was hearing and reading about ANC members arriving at the hospital, with T-shirts promoting next years election.. Yes I'm serious.. The man's dying, and they're marketing. I know they can't help him get better, but taking advantage of the situation isn't the way to go, it's sickening, in the bad way.
Others are praying for him to stay alive. I don't understand that either, he's 94 years old. He's had a long hard life. Anyone who knows anything about South African history would know he has been through a lot. If you read his book you would know too. Long Walk To Freedom. I recently remembered about his book, and I started searching for it. I found it in the study, the covers are tired and old as the man on it.
I flipped it open and I saw something quite remarkable. Nelson Mandela's autograph.
Madiba is world famous, some see him as a freedom fighter, others see him as a terrorist. He is a great man, and he is responsible for the good changes in SA. But if you think about it.. Madiba did big things etc., but he didn't do them until the day he landed in the hospital. Madiba has maintained a low profile since his retirement in 2004.
He had public appearances here and there, but nothing in excess. Some think that South Africa will crash and burn if Madiba dies. But we won't though. We had problems when he was alive, and we will have them when he passes on. He is the father of the nation, as they say. But think of SA as a child. Children lose their dad's, but they go on with their lives, and so will our country. He is an amazing role model who means so much to us. But we can't hold on to him forever, the same as any other loved one.
We are not in charge of the series of events in our country, we can only go on and honor Madiba the best we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment