My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

New things become old too.

I love it when I have good luck. I have time periods of good luck sometimes, it's pretty cool!

For example,  I"ll ace a test, make a new friend, nail a trumpet solo, be on the radio, find a song I love and talk to a celebrity. All in one week!!! But I noticed with other people, when things go better with them, they forget about the good they already have. I guess I'm guilty too.

You become so entranced by the new best things, you forget about the old things that were the best at some stage and time. If you aren't careful, you'll lose it and miss it when the new turns out to be a disappointment. My vision minimizes on things that are new, my shiny new toys of life. I can only see the new until it ages as all things do.


People don't appreciate what they have while they have it, when that person is gone, you only want 5 more minutes with them. Just to say goodbye and make peace with it. But you can't. It's the horrible fact of the matter. Life doesn't give second chances, so you have to take the first one and own it. Say what you feel when you feel it and do something unexpected. What if... you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment