My slice of life

My slice of life
Opinionated since 1995

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Just my luck.

I want to be a Journalist/Radio DJ, so obviously I want some exposure to these things! A simple request.

I visited the offices of "Rapport" in December - It's a newspaper, just to get the feel of things in that environment you know? I heard about a competition on our local radio station that gives aspiring radio presenters a chance to be on air. 

So I thought "Oh wow! That sounds like fun! let's get the info on the radio's website." I read it all and right in the middle of the article stood: "We’re  looking for vibrant and fun personalities" Okay I have that.. "with a zest for life and a lot of ambition, specifically for radio." I believe I have that... "Preferably you need to speak both English and Afrikaans (although it ‘s not essential)" I can speak both!  "and must be over the age of 18." Really???? I hate my age...
I'm not allowed to drink (Not that I'm an alcoholic.) Not allowed to drive.. Not allowed to gamble( not that I want to be a gambler.) I don't like being restricted, at all. My age robs me of brilliant opportunities and fun! I truly detest my age... But in 86 days, I will be quite content with my age again..  



 
http://is.gd/ZVcWdO

No comments:

Post a Comment